I was reading through one of my favorite magazines, Real Simple, and came across a quote that a thought was rather fitting for what is going on in Lily's stage of life right now...
"We sometimes underestimate the influence of little things."
- Charles W. Chesnutt
At least once a day, sometimes several times a day, I will notice Lily is doing something new. It is usually something very small, but it is still new. I never knew how such little things could get me so excited! Mostly for my benefit, I thought I would write down some of Lily's newest "little things."
She is making these funny new noises and has a very low, hoarse voice she uses every now and then.
She sputters with her lips.
She is grabbing things very purposefully, and moving her toys between both hands.
She is eating rice cereal from a spoon.
She can grab the toys in her bouncy seat (once out of reach, and probably out of sight).
She laughs at night when you tickle her.
And, last little thing to note...she rolled over yesterday...from her tummy to her back!! She was so proud of herself after she did it. She just smiled and kicked as if she knew she had just accomplished something big.
Wonder what will be next?
Yayyyy, Lily!!!! Hope to see you all soon :)
ReplyDeleteOf course she is a child prodigy! I am so proud of every little thing she does! Love to you all!
ReplyDeleteAs I read this... I couldn't help but think, yet again, how similar Bowen and Lily are!! I think they will be such great friends and can't wait to see them together! Give her a kiss for me!! Love you- Jess.
ReplyDelete